webIRESS is a financial information and trading platfrom that provides users with dynamic, real-time market data and trading functionality for CFDs, forex and equities. webIRESS combines the advanced features of its big brother the IRESS information solution with the added benefit of trading, advanced order types and multi product portfolio management.
Who uses webIRESS?
webIRESS is very popular amongst professional traders and investors and small broking firms who:
• want a reliable low maintenance trading platform
• want accurate and timely market data and news
• want real time high speed execution
• want advanced charting and order types
What features does webIRESS offer?
webIRESS is based on the same technological backbone as the IRESS platform the only difference being rather than being a downloadable application webIRESS is java based and can be accessed using an Internet browser. webIRESS can be accessed through the login portal on your brokers website. Most brokers also offer a webIRESS demo for prospective clients, this allows them to trial the platform and test it’s functionality.
The main features of the webIRESS platform are:
• Browser based CFD and equity information
• Direct market access (DMA) and complete order management capabilities
• Advanced order types including stop loss and trailing stop orders
• Comprehensive news and market data, including detailed security information
• Sophisticated market monitoring tools including a market map
• Comprehensive market analysis and charting
• News and trade sensitive alerts
• Excel plug-in for data extraction
The quote and watchlist functionality within webIRESS displays real-time dynamic quotes for CFDs, stocks and indices. Users can create and maintain their own custom watchlists or use existing watchlists built into the webIRESS trading platform. Real time market prices can be monitored using the quote ticker, which displays live trade prices for securities in a watchlist or for all the securities on an exchange.
What exchanges can I trade Direct Market Access (DMA) CFDs on?
webIRESS allows you to trade Direct Market Access (DMA) CFDs on 17 different equity exchanges. You can trade on real time data using the advanced order types available in webIRESS in addition to the orders types supported by the 17 exchanges on which direct market access (DMA) CFDs are offered.
The exchanges which you can trade Direct Market Access (DMA) CFDs on are:
• ASX: Australian Stock Exchange
• NZSX: New Zealand Stock Exchange
• LSE: London Stock Exchange
• SES: Singapore Stock Exchange
• KLSE: Malaysian Stock Exchange
• TSE: Tokyo Stock Exchange
• HKSE: Hong Kong Stock Exchange
• TWSE: Taiwan Stock Exchange
• KSE: Korean Stock Exchange
• OSE: Osaka Stock Exchange
• OJ: Osaka Hercules
• NYSE: New York Stock Exchange
• NASDAQ: Nasdaq
• DAX: Deutshe Borse
• SIX: Swiss Exchange
• Borsa Italiana
• Euronext Paris
webIRESS provides you with market depth, a list of all current bids and offers and the last 20 trades for the current day for all of the exchanges listed above. Course of sales data is available for the last 60 days and the current day.
What market news is available on the webIRESS trading platform?
News is offered from a wide range of news vendors who provide detailed company information in addition to global market wraps and economic announcements.
News from the following vendors is available to you directly within the webIRESS trading platform:
• ASX Signal G Company News: company announcements made to the ASX transcribed into text format
• Reuters News
• AAP News: domestic financial, economic and other news
• Dow Jones Australia/New Zealand news
• Dow Jones International news
• Ralph Wragg
What Security and Market Information can webIRESS provide?
Security details such as company financial data, dividend and capital adjustment histories and business profiles are provided on the webIRESS platform to ensure all webIRESS users have the most recent and up to date information to aid in their decision making.
The Market Activity and Market Map functions within webIRESS provide users with a the ability to obtain a quick market and sector overview with the touch of a button. The Market Activity lists all of the top movers in the total market and the major market segments. The Market Map is a visual representation of the market performance of the securities in an industry group, for the current day.
Indices and economic indicators available within the webIRESS trading platform include:
• major international interest rates
• major international indices
• foreign exchange rates
• commodities prices
Using webIRESS to trade CFDs
CFD trading on webIRESS can be easily enabled by your broker if they have an IRESS order routing system (IOS) that that is configured to allow direct market access (DMA) CFD trading.
Charts on webIRESS
webIRESS includes a range of chart indicators and trend lines for simple analysis of price charts. webIRESS can provide access to over 20 years of historical pricing data allowing users to perform detailed back testing.
Can I customize my webIRESS layout?
Traders can configure the webIRESS workspace layout to suit their own preferences. They can also create custom keys for frequently repeated tasks and save all personal settings for future use.
WebIRESS Excel Interface
The webIRESS excel interface enables the creation of live price links between webIRESS and Excel, or the direct extraction of historical data into an Excel spreadsheet.
How do I get started trading CFDs on webIRESS?
There are many brokers that offer the webIRESS trading platform however before getting started on the webIRESS platform you should download a webIRESS Demo and read our free CFD Guide.